To perform a series of rhythmic and highly technical patterned bodily movements usually performed to
music using grace and precision.
- The solo performance must not exceed five (5) minutes. (Contestants not adhering to the
maximum time requirement are subject to point deduction and/or disqualification.)
- Costumes are optional, but should be appropriate to the choreography performed.
- The theme and/or type of the performance must be identified to the judges prior to the presentation. Types include: Classical Ballet, Contemporary Ballet, Neo-classical Ballet, or Story Ballet.
- The piece must be performed in ballet slippers/flats, or pointe/demi pointe shoes. Bare feet
are only acceptable for Contemporary Ballet.
NOTE: The deadline for submission of national registration documents is May 15, 2020.. No
materials or copies will be accepted after that time or at the National Competition. Contestants will be judged by the following criteria:
- Technical Proficiency/Skill (25)
➢ Alignment, strength, endurance, flexibility, coordination
- Clarity and Consistency in Style (25)
- Phrasing/Dynamics/Musicality (25)
• Clarity of Intent/Interpretation of Choreography (25)