The process, art and technique of capturing images with an analog or digital camera
Examples include but are not limited to: Black and white photographs, color photographs, digital
or analog photographs, photograms, other experimental photography, etc.
- No more than six (6) photographs can be submitted or one (1) collage of work.
- The photographs and/or mounting boards must be no larger than 20×16 inches and
mounted on white, black, or gray color boards.
- The contestant is required to make a minimum three (3) minute oral presentation,
explaining the methods or techniques used in developing the project.
- The National Office will provide display tables.
- All photos must be the contestants’ original work. Contestants entering unoriginal work will
- Composite images and photomontages are permitted, however, each element of the composite image/photomontage must be the student’s original photograph. Digital composites are allowed.
NOTE: The deadline for submission of national registration documents is May 15, 2020. No materials or copies will be accepted after that time or at the National Competition.
Contestants will be judged by the following criteria:
- Choice of Medium (15)
- Cleanness (15)
- Composition (20)
- Effective use of Light (35)
- Viewer Involvement (15)
* A portion reprinted with permission from the Alliance for Young Artists & Writers**