Refers to owning, organizing, and managing your own business by providing a necessary product or service.
- Submit six (6) copies of the contestants’ business plan.
- Six (6) copies of a typed 8-½-inch by 11-inch double spaced business plan must accompany the
project. The business plan, which should be a minimum of ten (10) pages and not to exceed twenty
(20) pages, should include a cover page, executive summary, company description, a marketing
plan, a management plan and a financial plan, in addition to any supporting documents (i.e. graphs,
photographs, statistical data). The student’s name, page number and branch must be at the top of
each page. The six (6) copies must be submitted on or before the specified deadline.
- The contestant is required to make an oral presentation, not to exceed five (5) minutes, explaining
his/her business plan.
- A visual presentation in the form of a display, slide show, overhead or PowerPoint presentation
should be provided.
- Contestants should be familiar with business terminology in general and about terminology related
to their selected product/service.
- Contestants are required to have personally conducted the business plan analysis and have been
involved with the production of any prototype product or service trials.
- The NAACP ACT-SO Program will provide electrical power and an LCD projector.
- Contestants must provide a laptop and appropriate adapter for projection.Only one (1) business plan may be submitted per student.
NOTE: The deadline for submission of national registration documents is May 15, 2020. No materials or copies will be accepted after that time or at the National Competition.
Contestants will be judged by the following criteria:
- Written Business Plan
➢ Marketing Strategy (15)
➢ Management Plan/Personnel Profiles (10)
➢ Financial Plan (15)
➢ Market Research & Analysis (10)
➢ Government Requirements (5)
➢ Product/Service Knowledge (10)
➢ Customer Service Plan (5)
➢ Creativity/Originality (5)
- Oral Presentation
➢ Comfort Level of Product/Service Knowledge (10)
➢ Social Responsibility/Contribution to the Community (5)
➢ Presentation Style (5)
- Visual Presentation (5)